Versatility – Crafting designs that resonate with the target demographic, whether the solution calls for elegant typography or bold visual approach; corporate or consumer look and feel.
Ability to visually translate complex/technical information.
Flexibility to carry project from concept to final product; work under creative direction; extend existing branding; or execute within established guidelines/templates. Able to work independently or as part of a team.
Responsiveness, dependability, tact and attention to detail – Attributes brought to every project, earning client trust and retention.
Creative experience includes:
- brand/logo development and identity systems
- corporate communications – annual reports, newsletters, report covers
- sales tools – brochures, presentation folders, sell sheets, postcards, advertising
- displays – exhibits, posters, banners
- web graphics, redesign/mockups
2014 – present Freelance Graphic Designer, Shirley Gunn Yee Design
1995 – 2014 Art Director/Senior Designer, Wiley Design Communications, Inc.
Developed integrated sales/marketing, informational and outreach communications tools from concept to completion. Worked closely with creative director on all phases of projects, assisting in estimating and project management. Coordinated project deadlines, working with clients, subcontractors and vendors to meet production requirements and milestones. Supervised and trained interns. Maintained the studio’s computers.
- Consistently produced on-target creative solutions for clients such as: Sierra Health Foundation, PRIDE Industries, Hospital Quality Institute, Department of Water Resources, California ISO, UC Davis Veterinary Medicine; including 12 annual reports for the American Cancer Society, California Division.
- Project work recognized by more than 30 best practice awards, including International Association of Business Communicators [IABC] and Sacramento Ad Club.
1993 – 1995 Designer, Comstock’s Magazine, Comstock’s Design & Litho Division
Graphic design, layout, production for brochures, identity systems, ads, promotional items
1985 – 1993 Freelance Illustrator
Illustrations for editorial, and advertising applications
Extensive knowledge of Mac platform, OSX
Art Center College of Design, Pasadena, CA
BFA, Illustration 1985